Monday, March 21, 2011

Cyberbullying

I don't understand, why do people go out of their ways to harm others. I mean c'mon! The fact that people will put on Facebook, "The Smut List," drives me crazy. I understand that human teenage psychology today says that I have to be more influential on the general public of my school than anyone else. It is a quest for power, and people will harm others, even drive them to suicide for that week or month of power in the school. Then, they get arrested and their future of no success gets mapped out. But these bullies don't care or understand. They think that the one crumb of power is sufficient for their entire life.
My name is Hunter Willis and I am a geek, nerd, and the future of success. I go through thick and thin periods of bullying about my intelligence and political/technological preferences. I used to care, but now that I see myself as being more successful as the sports jocks that bully everyone else for power in Middle School. I have a successful life ahead of me in the technology field while many of my unintelligent peers are banking on the fact that they will be pro sports stars.
Back to the original topic, I have been cyberbullied. Not badly though, but some of my Facebook "friends" have made comments about political topics or technological topics that I find disgusting, but I ignore it. My parents don't know even thought they should. When they read this, they will figure this out, and they will probably ask me if I want to report this to the school. Nope! I have depression, and take many medicines to take care of it, but I still get depressed. Like my dad says, "The medicine wont fix your problems, only you can." He's right. Now that I am ignoring my peers, or responding in a calm way, I feel happier and less attached to their need to take control of me.
Cyber bullying is a big problem, and can get worse, but if everyone wouldn't just go crying to their parents about, "Johnny said I was stupid on Facebook," the world would be a better place. If you are that sensitive to people saying you are an idiot, or stupid, or bad, why even have a Facebook profile. We as humans have to learn that it is our nature to say mean things about each other. When it is words like stupid, or idiot, IGNORE IT! When people post things like, "The Smut List," make a big deal out of it. Not every instance of the word stupid means suicide. We as humans have to tough-it-up when it comes to cyber bullying.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really well thought out and deep hunter. Some points are debeatable but mostly very through. Although i don't see how how loving PCs over Macs is cyberbulling, this is really well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written , Keeps the reader engaged
    throughout the post . You should infact write
    more dude........If you have cool things you would
    like to share Icould include your articles with
    your name in My new blog BestFromGoogle.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete